Alpine Parents Group
The Alpine Parents Group is an inclusive group open to any and all parents and guardians of DVS students, staff of DVS and any community members who want to help support the students and staff at DVS.
Meetings are held the third Tuesday of each month from 5:15 pm- 6:15 pm in the DVS school library.
The mission of the Alpine Parents Group is:
- To promote good will and collaboration between parents, principal, teachers, School Board members and others who are interested in undertaking cooperative efforts on behalf of education
- To foster a spirit of cooperation between the Diamond Valley School and other local organizations and encourage activities for the benefit of the community
- To broaden an interest in education within the community
- To promote open communication between home and School
- To promote programs for the growth and welfare of all children and parents in the home, School and community
- To provide volunteer services and assistance activities for the School
- To promote a spirit of fellowship and community through educational programs, group discussions and social events
- To generate financial support for the School.
Some projects the Alpine Parents Group has been working on:
- An idea box for staff to submit requests for support including both volunteer and financial support.
- New ideas such as asking to have the daily announcements available to parents in email form so they are apprised of school activities.
- Organized and coordinated creation of DVS Alum bulletin board.
- Hosting and financially supporting the annual Grandparent’s Lunch each September.
- Financially supporting a portion of the collaborative Halloween Bash.
- Fundraising projects such as the Walk A Thon, See’s candy sales, and Winter Raffle Baskets.
- Supporting Read A Thons by purchasing snacks and gift certificates for book fair.
- Financially supporting a portion of the Mindstorm Robotics program.
- Administering a Scholarship program for graduating seniors residing in Alpine County.
- Financially supporting the Bike A Thon end of school year BBQ
- Collection and submission of Box Tops for the DVS Student Council.
- Purchasing items to enhance the school such as HAWK entryway mat.
- Purchasing School Spirit shirts for students and staff.
- Purchasing custom EZ-UP event tents with the school mascot.
- Purchasing PBIS rewards for students and staff.
- Purchasing landscaping materials for the Peace Park.
- Purchasing raffle prizes for WIEC Back to School Night.
Additionally, our active members work on fostering relationships with DVS staff and administration and continually work with them to improve our school by: attending board meetings, raising questions, acknowledging processes and volunteering time both inside and outside of the school.
Alpine Parents Group is a 501c3 organization and all donations are fully tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.